Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Things I like in Kansas City

So, as we all know, moving is difficult for me and also I tend to focus on all the negative things going on in my life. I'm going to try a little counseling on myself to shift my frame of thinking from negative to positive. To start with, I'm going to list 20 things that I like about living in Kansas City.

1. Closer to our families
2. More things to do- Chiefs, Soccer games, 1st Fridays, bigger city
3. Our church that we've found
4. Buying our first home in a really cute neighborhood
5. Both of us having really good jobs
6. Jimmy having 2 of his best friends near by
7. Meeting new friends
8. Flying Southwest
9. More shopping...great shopping
10. Midwest mentalities
11. Actually running into people from the Quad Cities
12. Playing indoor soccer and ultimate frisbee and joining a neat gym
13. Going to the tennessee bar and meeting Amanda and Jeremy from Knoxville
14. Doing lawn work--I love it!
15. Book club with my neighbors
16. The pretty drive to work
17. Friends at work
18. Having village inns and dairy queens again
19. Living 3 minutes from grocery, bank of america, walgreens, dentist, gynocologist, moe's, a great little coffee shop, subway, post office, a beautiful running/biking trail, tennis courts, and many schools.
20. Driving in the neat neighborhoods like prairie village and brookside

Okay, there I did. 20 things that I already like about living in Kansas City!

3 comments:

Libby said...

Amy!
You sound like you're really enjoying Kansas City! That's great to hear! Not that I think you should do this..but if you were to add things you do not like about Kansas City, I hope you would say, "Libby doesn't live here." :)

I miss you! Let's chat soon.

Adrienne said...

Amy-I'd like to show you some more fun KC places soon. We need to go eat BBQ, see the Mayor's Christmas Tree, and hear some Jazz. You'll learn to love it!

AHilliard said...

Yeah! We are lucky number 13! Go VOLS!