Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Our Baby





So as you can tell I haven't written in a while. We've had our hands full with our new puppy. She is the sweetest dog, but she also has her crazy moments. She is learning very quickly.

1. She is very smart and has already caught on to going potty outside...with the exception of a few accidents, which are usually our fault.
2. She started off crying at night, but after a couple of days she was making it through the night.
3. In the past week, she's mastered going up stairs and is working on going down them.
4. She is learning the meaning of no
5. She is already starting to catch onto the game of fetch.


She's obviously kept us very busy. We are learning quickly of how much she relies on us. I guess this is a great experience for when we plan to have kids. The biggest thing it has taught me is that I realized how selfish I am with my time. I now can't just go do whatever after school, but now I come home to make sure Nelly gets outside and gets playtime. We definitely are spending more time at home so that Nelly is not in the kennel all of the time. I think our biggest challenge about Nelly now is her loving to bite. She is so playful and gets excited, and usually ends up getting out of control. If ya'll have any ideas about how to redirect her attention besides yelling ouch and giving her another toy to play with.

Please enjoy the pictures....

1 comment:

Meghan said...

She is precious!! What kind of dog is she and how big will she get. I know the crazy days of having a puppy--there fun then add another dog and a baby and life is even more hectic!! I love the blog and love reading about you and Jimmy. Miss you guys!
Meghan Gomez